M Vision organizes an exhibition to showcase digital assets

Driven by the hype surrounding crypto investing, M Vision Plc, the organizer of Thailand Mobile Expo, is hosting Thailand Crypto Expo to showcase digital assets, exchanges and crypto-mining equipment alongside its trade show four-day mobile flagship, which starts today.

The company said the move was aimed at attracting new investors interested in digital assets.

According to the “Digital 2022 Global Overview Report”, Thailand leads the world in terms of the proportion of internet users in the country who own cryptocurrencies.

“It’s a great opportunity to attract visitors to the new wealth group, which is the same group that buys high-end smartphones,” said Opas Cherdpunt, managing director of M Vision.

Thailand Mobile Expo and Thailand Crypto Expo, which cover a total space of nearly 20,000 square meters, are to be held at Bitec from today until May 15.

At the crypto event, 80% of exhibitors are vendors of digital coins, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and utility and GameFi tokens, while the remaining 20% ​​include mining equipment vendors, security consultants and exchanges.

Referring to Thailand Mobile Expo, Mr Opas said the scale of the event had halved with a drop in the number of exhibitors due to a lack of variety in terms of handset models in each segment of prices as well as a shortage of supply, which made mobile phones more expensive. . Most of the models presented belong to the high-end segment, he said.

The event did not take place last year due to the pandemic.

He said he was aware of the current negative sentiment regarding stock and crypto trading, caused by the lackluster economic situation and inflation.

He said markets typically see a sell-off for profit taking every couple of years.

“As prices are falling, now would be a great time to buy,” Mr. Opas said.

He said a Thai crypto investor usually spends at least 10,000 baht for each purchase.

Thailand Crypto Expo is the event where many new projects will showcase their coins and tokens while attracting new potential buyers, he said.

This is the event where companies involved in digital coins can collaborate to expand their ecosystems.

There is also a growing trend of using NFTs for fundraising and borrowing and the event will allow new investors to catch up with these new investment trends offered by trusted projects.

For example, owners of cannabis plantations can issue an NFT to investors and the profits from the sale of cannabis could then be shared among the investors.

“NFT owners can sell the tokens to others or resell them to issuers,” Opas said.

The event will also feature seminars and workshops on various topics, such as blockchain, NFTs, tokens, GameFi, and cryptography.

According to Mr. Opas, the show should attract at least 300 foreign investors and project leaders.

With growing interest in digital asset investing, Seacon Square Mall has set aside a space for the digital asset community, called The Moon: NFT & Crypto Café.

The project serves as a meeting place for digital asset enthusiasts and could also generate additional foot traffic to the mall.

Pongsathon Chandavimol, the creator of the Seacon Square community, said the rise of Web3 and the popularity of cryptocurrency are attracting interest from young people.

Rolling out a series of new projects involving the metaverse, NFTs, and tokens could create communities of interest.

Seacon Square also aims to reserve its space for a crypto academy.

Sylvia B. Polson